2023 Application for Service Booths
Please read and agree to the following carefully before continuing to the application. Please note this is an application for both private and commercial services.
"TERMS AND CONDITIONS"
1. I will not participate in cultural appropriation. This means I will be mindful and respectful of the culture of others, I will not provide services or products which hold religious significance (e.g. bindi marks, feather headdresses, rosaries, religious garb, etc.); I will not claim to be, or allude to be of a culture that I am not; I will not in any way denigrate any one's heritage.
2. All of the services I will provide at WEF will be offered by me or my staff listed in this application.
3. I will respect the non-violent philosophy of the Whole Earth Festival. I will be honest in my dealings with people in the WEF community.
4. I agree to open my booth on time (NOON on Friday, 10 AM on Saturday and Sunday) and stay open until at least 6 PM daily.
5. I will not use (or encourage the use of) weapons or drug paraphernalia at WEF. I will not use any lead in items that are meant for food.
6. I understand that should it rain during the festival I will not receive a refund. I understand that if for any reason I cancel or fail to appear, I will not receive a refund.
7. I will abide by the policies of the University of California: including fire codes, parking, and insurance regulations.
8. I will not park a vehicle at the Quad except while actively loading or unloading and I will remove my vehicle before unpacking.
9. I will not have any fire in my booth space. I will not put anything in the safety/fire lanes and/or between booths.
10. I will not display credit card signs larger than 6 inches.
11. I will not sublet my service booth space; nor will I sub-contract any services offered, and/or my booth’s service work.
12. I understand, that if I offer any services which not included on the service list within my application I will be asked to remove them, and may be asked to leave the festival without a refund, and that I may also be banned from future events.
13. I will abide by campus COVID-19 safety protocols which can be found here: UC Davis Campus Ready.
14. If I break any of these promises, I understand I may be asked to leave (without refund) and/or be banned from future participation.
By completing the application below you are agreeing to all terms listed above and confirming you have read and agree to the above Terms and Conditions and will abide by them.
WELCOME TO THE WHOLE EARTH FESTIVAL!
As a Service Booth, you will be providing a service. Services can include face painting, massages, hair braiding, henna, photo booths, psychic readings, etc. This does not authorize you to sell any products. If you want to sell any products, please contact us so that we can refer you to the appropriate director for consideration (Crafts booths). Also, if there is an educational component to your work and you want to provide an educational experience, please let us know so that we can refer you to the Education Directors.
It would be wonderful if we could accept every application. However, applications will be declined due to space limitations. All applications are reviewed for appropriateness for this Festival. We reserve the right to accept or decline applications. We hope, should your application be declined, that you will understand.
The Whole Earth Festival is open rain or shine, hot or cold. We will not offer a refund due to weather. The festival will start at 12 noon on Friday with an opening ceremony at noon. You can keep your booth open until 7 PM on Friday and Saturday and 6 PM on Sunday.
This festival is located on the UC Davis campus and we must abide by the policies of the University of California including fire codes, and insurance regulations. If you take credit cards for your services, please keep your signs small. Please do not sublet your space. You can and must include all providers on your application. If you are not in compliance with the regulations, we will have to ask you to leave, and we don't want to do that. Should that happen, there is no refund.
PLEASE RESPECT THE APPLICATION DEADLINE. THE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, MARCH 12, 2023.
We need the time to process the application and to work with the layout to find out how many spaces are available. Accepting applications after the deadline creates chaos and it will be harder to accommodate you.
We want you to have a good time and to do good business! We love having communication from you. We can't always fix everything but we can try our best to give you what you need and want if you will do your best to let us know! You are the light of the Festival. We appreciate your participation.
Application Fees: $20
Your application will not be considered until this fee is received.
It is also recommended that you pay online. The transactions are PCI compliant, meaning your information is secure.
These can be seen in the application below. Please pay this AFTER you have been accepted.
Please submit your application online with all of the required documents. You can also mail your application if you prefer. In any case, it is easiest if you send everything at once. You are required to have event insurance. If you already have it, be sure that it is renewed so that it covers the dates of the festival. It is not useful to send a certificate of insurance coverage that will expire before the event. If you need event insurance, you can inquire of your own insurance agent
Submitting an Application
It is recommended that you fill out the application online.
Please email email@example.com with any questions!
*Fields with an asterisk are required.
WEF strives to ensure that it is as zero waste as possible and that products that are being sold are ethically and sustainably sourced. We will prioritize those vendors who are able to help us achieve this.
Please be as detailed as possible
Please scan, fax, email, mail, or take a clear image of the required documents.